Annual Dramatic Procession for
Wednesday, August 6
Gather at 11:30 am at City Hall Commons (201 E. Washington St.)
Join us for our annual recommitment to nuclear disarmament. We honor the victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by taking the street to talk to the public about our government's ongoing funding of nuclear weapons programs, while millions in the US go without sufficient food, shelter, healthcare and education.
Please wear white or light colored clothing to enhance the dramatic effect.
Download the flier here.
Vigil to End the Massacre in Gaza:
Stand for a Just Peace in Palestine and Israel
Friday, August 1, 4:30-5:30
Erie Blvd. & E. Genesee St.
- An IMMEDIATE ceasefire among all parties; end the Israeli killing of massive numbers of civilians in Gaza
- Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions - an international, nonviolent movement to put economic pressure on Israel to end the occupation
- Those in Gaza who are suffering as a result of Israeli attacks. Contribute to funds such as Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA), and Palestine Children's Relief Fund (PCRF)
- Use of our tax dollars for human needs here in the US - for affordable housing, food, healthcare, education, environmental protection, and all necessary human services
- The illegal Israeli occupation of the West Bank and blockade of Gaza - the underlying cause of recurring violence
- NY Senators Schumer and Gillibrand’s endorsement of Senate Resolution 498, which justifies Israel’s brutal assault on the civilian population of Gaza.
- US military aid to Israel - which supports the overwhelming military force being used by Israel against the unarmed civilian population of Gaza
- Violent assaults by Israeli right-wing activists, with the collusion of the Israeli police, on those Israelis protesting the massacres in Gaza.
CNY Working for a Just Peace in Palestine and Israel (a committee of the Syracuse Peace Council, 315.472.5478)
SPC In Action
On the eve of 2013, about 40 people gathered in downtown Syracuse to bring in the New Year with a message of peace.
- 1 of 10