Demonstrate for the Iran Nuclear Deal
Wed., August 26, from 4:45-5:45 pm
Outside the Federal Building in downtown Syracuse (Washington and Clinton Sts.)
Bring signs to to support Diplomacy Not War!
Thank Senator Gillibrand for her support, challenge Sen. Schumer and Rep. Katko for their current opposition.
- The Deal blocks any potential pathway for Iran to attain nuclear weapons.
- The inspection regime for this deal is the most intensive ever negotiated. (There are efforts to call on the AP to retract its misleading report about Iran monitoring itself.)
- There is no better deal later. Rejecting this deal makes war highly likely.
- There is a huge ground swell of support for the deal, including 340 American rabbis and 29 top US scientists including Nobel laureates, veteran nuclear arms makers, and former White House science advisors.
This is a new group starting out of the call from the #blacklivesmatter movement for white allies to organize ourselves and educate each other about institutional racism and mobilize each other to action. We are inviting anti-racist white people to meet to examine our own white privilege, educate ourselves about institutional racism, and support people of color-led organizations working to dismantle white supremacy. Read more here.
Reading & discussion topics for the first session will include:
• white privilege
• the role of white people in ending racism
• stepping up & stepping back
• and more!
See what we're reading here.
SPC In Action
The Peace Council's 2012 commemoration of the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki called for a nuclear-free future. (Photo: Carol Baum)
- 1 of 12